Thursday, July 2, 2009

Rest In Peace

Monday morning one of my sorority sisters lost her battle with Melanoma and passed away. Farrah was only 32 years old and had two boys, ages 3 & 5. She is greatly missed and my prayers are with her family right now.

Today my heart is heavy. We will be attending the visitation and funeral this evening. I look forward to spending time with a lot of girls that I haven't seen in a while, but not under these circumstances. Farrah was also an ADPi advisor with me now. She was our Standards advisor and I am the Faculty advisor for our current ADPi chapter at EKU.

This has also got me thinking about my college sorority, Alpha Delta Pi, a lot here lately. I'm so thankful for the friendships I made and for ADPi in my life.

My sisters that are on Facebook have all set their profile picture to a violet. Since I refuse to participate in Facebook, I will post my violet for Farrah here.

We Live For Each Other.

Loyally,

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment