Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Omnomicon Recipe Round-Robins

I don't think I have shared with you one of my favorite food blogs, Omnomicon.

Well, Omnomicon has a thing called Recipe Round-Robins.

This is a short explanation from her blog:

Omnomicon: it has a monthly contest!
There are some recipes that everyone has a version of, and yet, we each insist that our own version is the best. I’m talking macaroni and cheese, oatmeal cookies, chicken soup . . . you know, those sorts of things. So with all those variations (some slight, some huge), which one should you pit against your own favourite? The aim of the Recipe Round-Robin is to determine just that.


I volunteered to be a "taste buddy". Basically meaning that she would submit some recipes to me to "test" and then submit my vote as a favorite.

This month was Chocolate-Chip Cookie recipes.

Now, I'm going to be truthful here. I have ALWAYS said that my favorite chocolate chip cookies are always made from the pre-made, refrigerated cookie dough from the grocery store. For some reason, I just don't like homemade chocolate chip cookies as much!

Boy, was I proven wrong!

I tested two recipes last week and I'm here to tell you they were the most delicious cookies!

I hate to tease you, but I'm not allowed to post the recipes here. Sorry.

I'm also not going to tell you which cookie got my vote. It was really hard because they were both so good!

Here are some pics though:

Shelia's Chocolate Chip Cookies
Friendly Choco-Chippers


My friends and co-workers enjoyed being my little taste buddies!

Good, good cookies! Mmmm...

Oh yeah, and you should go check out Omnomicon. You will love her photographs!

2 comments:

  1. As a lover of homemade cookies, I'm glad you discovered the joy of freshly baked homemade chocolate chippers! The cookies look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you the creator of the Friendly Choco-Chippers? I noticed another blog had the recipe posted. I would love to post the recipe here, but needed your permission. Let me know! I LOVED them!!!

    ReplyDelete