Thursday, August 20, 2009

A new, fun blog to stalk!

Not a whole lot going on around here so I've not been posting. Sorry.

I'm working on another Phoebe bag, some baby blankets, and a few other things. I'll post pictures of that stuff next week though.

Freshman are beginning to invade Eastern Kentucky University this week! (If you don't know, EKU is where I work and also my alma mater)

Anyway, not much has been going on in my life, but there is all kinds of things going on in my friend Lindsey's life since moving to the Washington DC area.

She has created the cutest blog, Adventures of The Cookie Girl, and has been conducting a pretty cool cupcake "experiment". You should really go check her out! Especially since things around this place are pretty boring!

Actually, speaking of Lindsey just reminded me of this dress I made for her last year. I really wanted to try shirring. I wasn't real real happy with the way it turned out because I really couldn't get the fitting just right, but doesn't she just look adorable in it!

I would really like to make a child's dress this way. Just another thing on my long lists of "Things To Make".

If you haven't tried shirring before I recommend it. It's a lot of fun.

Threadbanger has a really good tutorial which is the one I followed. Tutorial here.

I just used regular cotton fabric for this dress.

Now go check out Lindsey's blog!

4 comments:

  1. I love the dress, even if I didn't know what shirring meant, and had to look it up. I remember one of my favorite dresses as a child was orange and yellow and looked very similar.
    One of your readers, and I promise not a stalker!
    Mairi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss reading your blogs! I hope you are doing well, God Bless! =)

    ReplyDelete